- (Shisham)Dalbergia sissoo is perennial large deciduous tree in Fabaceae family with a light crown.
- Leaves are leathery, alternate, pinnately compound.Young shoots are downy and drooping and stems are light brown to dark gray in color. Flowers are whitish to pink, fragrant, nearly sessile.
Create an impressive tropical display at your home with an excellent Sheesham tree.
MEDICINAL USES OF SHISHAM (SISSOO) In Ayurveda, various parts of the Shisam tree are used for treating a variety of diseases. The leaves are used for eye pain, swelling, painful urination, gynecological disorders, etc. Leaves and bark are used as astringent in bleeding disorders.
- Keep the plant in natural indirect bright Light.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2inches) feels dry to touch.